Hey Lady! never mind fancy labels or the latest fashions: The best workout clothes are designed to make working out as comfortable as possible. Your aching boobs and chafing thighs will thank you.
Wearing the right workout clothes can help you stay comfortable and cool during exercise. You know when people say “dress for success”? Yeah, that’s not just about the office. What you wear to the gym 100 percent affects your performance.
All products and services featured here are chosen for their potential to inspire and enable your wellness. That 10-year-old sports bra, or cotton T you've had since middle school, can actually make working out feel harder, and even wreak havoc on your body. You can check the best brands for yoga and workout here.
After a hard workout or cardio session, you'll feel exhausted, tired, sore, fantastic — and will probably be covered in sweat. Believe it or not, the clothes you wear for a workout can make a difference in how you feel after exercise. Several factors can affect how comfortable your workout clothes are, including the fabric they're made of and whether they're right for the type of exercise you will be doing.
Here's what you should chuck from your workout wardrobe, stat:
Workout Clothes: Pick “Workhorse” Fabrics
Some fabrics are designed to pull sweat away from your skin during exercise and others absorb it. When it comes to workout clothes, some choices are better than others.
- Think wicking. There are many breathable synthetic fabrics that “wick” the sweat away from your skin, which can help it to evaporate quickly and keep your body cool. Clothing made out of fabrics containing polypropylene or fabrics are a good choice for exercise and other activities in which you are likely to sweat a lot, as they allow the sweat to be evaporated from the skin but do not soak clothing and leave you feeling sweaty and uncomfortable.
- Consider cotton. Cotton shirts and pants, on the other hand, absorb the sweat, and they don't pull it away from the skin or help it to evaporate quickly. That’s why cotton workout clothes can feel heavy and wet as you exercise.
- Avoid fabrics that don’t breathe. Never wear clothing made out of rubber-based or plastic-based materials, which keep sweat from evaporating and keep your body temperature too high during a workout.
Workout Clothes: Get the Right Fit
To make sure that your workout clothes fit your body and the workout that you have planned, consider these tips:
- You should wear clothes that are loose and comfortable. But if you are running or biking, avoid wide-leg or loose pants that could get tangled up in the pedals or your feet.
- For activities such as yoga or Pilates, stretchy, fitted fabrics that wick away sweat are a good choice.
- In general, keep in mind that you don't want any clothing that gets in the way of the activity.
Workout Clothes: Change With the Seasons
If you exercise outdoors or play seasonal sports, what you wear may have to change with the seasons. Keep these tips in mind when dressing for outdoor exercise:
- Hot weather. During warm summer months, be sure to choose fabrics that allow your skin to breathe and wick sweat away. Dress in clothes that are cool and comfortable, and allow you to move freely.
- Cold weather. When it's very cold outside, you'll need to dress warmly, but keep in mind that you'll be exercising and boosting your heart rate and your body temperature. Dress in layers that you can remove, and always dress for weather that's warmer than what the thermometer outside says. Keep sweat-wicking clothing on your inner layer, and put an insulating layer on top of that. Always cover your head, ears, and hands to protect them from the cold.
- Wet or windy weather. Nothing can ruin an outdoor workout faster than getting soaked in the rain or caught in a strong wind. Wear an outer layer that protects your skin from the elements.
Just remember that no matter what the temperature, you're still likely to work up a sweat during a workout. Keep yourself as comfortable as possible with clothing designed for heavy exercise that wicks sweat away from the skin. And keep the weather in mind if you're exercising outdoors, and dress appropriately.
Consider these options for comfortable, year-round workout clothing for women.
Activewear Legging for Women
High Elasticity High Waist Yoga Leggings
These high-waisted compression leggings from Arhametics are perfect for almost any athletic activity. This is the legging you cannot live without. Featuring a classic silhouette and buttery soft fabric that's perfect for every occasion. Wear this from studio-to-street, barre-to-brunch and even bedroom to bedroom again... you'll never want to take them off.
Workout Tee for Women
Dreamer Short Sleeve Top
Designed for running, training, and sweating, this Dreamer Short Sleeve Top is a super-chic layered style made of flowing and going. It moves along with you thanks to a lightweight jersey piece complete with epic side slits, and it’s available in 5 colors.
Shockproof Sports Bra
This medium support Shockproof Sports Bra can be worn during yoga, pilates, spin class, rowing, kickboxing, and weight training. It’s easy to pull on over your head, and the wide elastic band at the bottom won’t ride up or cause chafing. The padding is removable, and the fabric is designed to wick away moisture so you can avoid that gross, sweaty feeling. For what more can you ask?
One Piece For Women
Backless Gym One Piece
Backless Gym Jumpsuit is today's modern women's choice. It's stylish and at the same time give a good support to the body while workout. If you haven't tried any one piece before then you must try from Arhametics. We have a big variety of one piece for Yoga, Gym and any other activities.