Leggings are THE BEST, all caps necessary. I don’t think there is a more comfortable piece of clothing than leggings. Leggings are a versatile piece of anybody's wardrobe, but not everyone understands how to wear them properly. Leggings are believed by many to be meant to be worn as part of a layered outfit. It's hard to pull off a fashionable look if you wear leggings as a pair of pants, instead of as a pair of tights under other clothing, but obviously, the choice is yours. By mixing and matching colors and choosing the right shoes, leggings can be worn in any season and be stylish. Follow these steps to make sure you're wearing your leggings stylishly.
No matter how you feel about leggings, though, I guarantee there is an outfit idea in here that you’ll love. Throw away your jeans and grab your favorite pair of leggings, because I think that’s all you’re going to want to wear after reading this post.
Here are 10 style tips on how to wear leggings:
1. Pair a slightly cropped leggings with ankle boots: Wear a pair of slightly cropped leggings with your favorite ankle boots.
- If your cropped legging is with designs, go for a plain ankle boot. Or do the vice-versa
- Leggings can also look good with ballet flats or moccasins, as long as the shoes go with the rest of the outfit.
2. Pair a cropped leggings with Sports Shoes: Wear a pair of cropped leggings with your favorite Sports Shoes.
- Pair them with close-toed shoes with a little bit of a heel.
3. Pair a slightly cropped leggings with sunglasses and headband: When you’re running around getting errands done, or just leaving the gym, throw on a headband and sunglasses for an instant touch of glam.
4. Pair leggings with Tees: The Tee and leggings should be the same color or they should coordinate.
- If your Tee is with designs, go for solid-colored plain leggings.
- Or do the vice-versa
5. Pair leggings with sneakers: When you’re just running around, wear your leggings with sneakers or short sleeve top. It’s basically like wearing sweatpants.
- Wearing scarf has always been fashionable.
6. Rock the patterned/graphic leggings. Leggings that are zebra or leopard striped or covered with hypnotic can give you a fun and flashy look. Make sure you wear them with an understated top, skirt, dress, pants or shoes.
- If you're wearing loud leggings and an understated top, pair them with some loud jewelry.
7. Wear leggings To Work: Even nicer leggings can make a more casual and playful statement, so before you plan your next trip to the office with your brand-new leggings, check out your work environment to see if it's appropriate.
- Check out to see if other people in your workplace wear leggings or skirts that could be paired with leggings.
9. Don't wear leggings that are too tight or too loose. Your leggings should be tight enough to snugly cover your legs, but not so tight that people can see every dimple in your legs. You'll find ones that fit well not only look better but feel more comfortable.
10. Don't confuse leggings with jeggings. Jeggings are jean leggings, which is a cross between jeans usually, or other pants and leggings. Tight, sleek jeggings can help spice up an ordinary outfit, and you can wear them as you could wear pants. Denim blue ones with a 'boyfriend' cream sweater and loafers is a classic look.
- While leggings and a top that falls to your waist is a big no-no in many people's opinions, you can pair a short shirt with jeggings.
- Just make sure you can rock the jeggings. They're really tight and not for everybody.